This week the focus will be on verbs. Verbs are ‘doing’ words they describe actions or something happening. For example ‘The rabbit was jumping in the field’. The word ‘jumping‘ being the verb in this sentence. Please see below activities to complete to help support your learning and understanding of verbs.
- Play a game of charades with your family-act out different actions showing verbs.
- Play a game of pictionary with your family-can you draw different action words for them to guess.
- Play a game of ‘hot potato’ as a family passing around an object or an actual potato in a time limit-how many different verbs can you think of and say out loud?
- Using your alphabet knowledge, can you think of a verb for each letter of the alphabet?
You may also wish to try some English quizzes which can be found at the following website. Here you can find quizzes on verbs or adjectives to remind yourself of previous learning along with other English concepts. https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/english/
This week the focus will be on number bonds to 20 and 100. Remember number bonds are pairs of numbers that make up a given number. See below activity ideas to help you explore these further.
- Use practical objects to find ways to make 20 or 100
- Show number bond sentences using chalks outside or record them in how you wish-are there any patterns you notice?
- Can you record the addition and subtraction number bonds?
- Can you create a fun game to help others learn and know their number bonds? Maybe a song or a rhyme?
To support your learning of number bonds further you may wish to play a game using the following website links https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10